The measures the Government of Jersey is putting in will be extremely difficult for the hospitality sector, the JHA and its members understand the reasons why this decision had to be made. We fully support this temporary measure because it is what is best for the island.
As a body we are prepared to do whatever possible to ensure that we can all celebrate Christmas and New Year with our loved ones and hopefully this measure will allow us to share these times responsibly with you while we plan for the year ahead.
In Summary, the changes outlined by the Government are as follows:
From 00:01 on Friday 4 December 2020
- All hospitality venues that have an alcohol licence will close
- Hotels will also close, but those that are hosting people isolating or essential workers can remain open
- Gyms, exercise classes and pools will close too
- Takeaways and delivery services will continue to operate
- Shops will remain open but the 2-metre distancing law comes back into force
- The measures are likely to remain in place until 4 January 2021